Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Helper

The hubs is notorious for his craftiness - especially when it comes to All Hallows Eve. He's always bugging me to let him make costumes for us and the kiddos and so this year I thought of a way to pick out my own costumes for the boys and still give him the freedom to design his own. I found the worlds cutest bee costumes at Pottery Barn Kids (thanks mama for buying them for us!) and told the hubs to get crackin on a bee keeper get-up.

There were some brief shopping foray's for supplies, but last night the boys went to bed and the hubs turned to me - defeated - and lamented that he hadn't had time to do anything about his costume. Reminding him that at least it was only his own hiney that needed costuming and that the boys were covered, I told him not to worry about it. When I got up this morning he showed me a bee keeper hat that he had made and...well, it was clearly a midnight, last-minute adventure.

While I knew he would have been fine in his half-hearted garb, it made me so sad that he hadn't had the chance to devote the time to make it as great as he wanted. So, once he left for work, I set out to make some improvements. One trip to Osh, one to Beverly's and a whole lotta sewin' on bees while Dash slept in my lap...





















Bees and their Keeper...

Mmmm Tasty Honey....

Bees...




















Bee Hat...

2 comments:

Sister Janet M. Purcell, IHM said...

Hi All,
Just loved the blog and I think Brooks outfit is a winner.
Loved the Boys but the roller coaster ride was perfect.
LOve, Aunt Janet

Cara said...

Awesome. Just awesome that dad gets as into Halloween as the kids and the costumes are all tied in. Also, felt inspired and put in my place from the earlier blog about what we think about spending on when people are hurting....But on the lighter side, bees and a beekeeper. Nice.