Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Photoshopping a Nursery

We decided that we didn't want any characters in the nursery. Nothing with a face since I think that's creepy. So the question became what to do with the walls? I saw some cool picture frames and got an idea. It's a psychological fact that babies LOVE to see other babies, and since we're so far from family, I decided to collect baby pics of our parents and grandparents and siblings and old ancestors etc. I bought a bunch of craft frames and I'm working on decorating each one so that they add some flavor to the room. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to try and hang them with ribbons or just hang them. When I was telling my Uncle Tom my idea, he suggested that I handcolor the photos so that they all look uniform and also have a bit of a younger appeal to them. I did and it's working great! Here's a sample - my mother's mother. The one on the left is the original and obviously the one on the right is the one I handcolored. They're all turning out pretty cool too!
Meanwhile, I got wayyy too much enjoyment out of a story on Defamer today detailing how Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas PEED herself at the San Diego show last weekend. My first thought was that maybe that Duhmel dude got her all knocked up and she couldn't help herself. Too funny. Link to Defamer at right, scroll down the page for the story.

No comments: