Friday, July 31, 2009

37 Week Update

So here we are at 37 weeks (well, today is 37 and one day). I had the obligatory Dr.'s appt this morning with the practices newest Dr. and he seemed nice. EXTREMELY young, but nice :) He asked me if we were planning on having more children after this one - which is only amazing because every other Dr. has just asked when I'm having my tubes tied. And usually only AFTER asking if this was an intentional pregnancy. Sigh.

Anyway, my BP and weight etc were all good; Snoopy's HR was great and he's measuring right on track so that was great to hear. I had to endure the beta strep test (ick) and so hopefully all goes well with that. He also did a surprise cervical check - I'm starting to efface and still not dialated at all. I'd be lying if I said that didn't take the wind out of my sails! I was hoping to hear that there was more going on. Of course, Yvonne, our doula, reminded me that these are all things that can change in a minute, so I'm hanging on to that! On a positive note, Snoopy is firmly lodged in my pelvis so that's very good. Fin was at a -2 station till I started pushing and I think Dash was close, so it's good to hear that this guy is at least getting ready for his grand entrance.

After having a few days where I felt like I could go on being pregnant forever if I had to, I'm now back to feeling pretty crappy. I have zero energy, probably because I can't remember the last time I actually got a decent nights sleep. I'm nauseous throughout most of the day and can't eat at all past about 5pm or I pay a mean price. My pelvis, predictably, feels like it's being pulverized by a large bowling ball and my belly is really starting to get itchy. But I have no swelling still, despite the continuing heat wave, so there's something. I've got a few things I'd like to see get done before this little guy arrives, but mostly we're just ready and waiting! I go back to the Dr. next Friday and I'll be seeing Dr. Marter who delivered Fin.

I realized this morning that 37 weeks was the last belly shot I took with Dash. And I feel so much bigger this time that I had to don the same duds and compare...


Only a touch bigger this time if that, but I definitely feel that he's lower. And then dressed to go to the Dr.

No comments: