Monday, July 13, 2009

Because It's Always Something...

Fin has the stomach flu. I knew it was going around, so I wasn't entirely caught off guard, but DAMN, I did NOT need this now! I'm in the home stretch, feeling miserable to begin with, and wondering what the odds are that I can be doused in barf and not become infected. Yeah, that's what I thought. So for right now I'm splitting my time between watching Fin to make sure he's not ready to blow again and also keeping an eye on Dash and looking for signs that he's going to follow suit. The funny thing is that I can remember being this pregnant with Fin, hearing that the flu was going around and wondering if there could possibly be anything worse than going into labor while having the stomach flu. Here's hoping I don't have to find out.

In baby news, I'm HUGE. I know, you're tired of hearing that, but seriously! My belly button is actually protruding which it has never done before and I can't say that I'm a fan either. I'm on the two-week visit schedule now so next week I see the endo AND the OB. Other than the typical end-of-pregnancy pains and complaints, I have little to add. Blood pressure, Blood sugar and everything else are right in the normal range and I actually have zero swelling which is great since it's triple digits daily now. I spent some time this weekend looking at baby pictures of Fin and Dash. It's so hard to grasp how fast they grow and I can't believe we're soon to welcome another one! I was also thinking it's funny that Brooks was 30 when Fin was born and I'll be 30 when this guy arrives. I like when things work out like that.

I'm going to leave you with two early-day favs...
Fin
& Dash

No comments: